...used for this information.
|a thing / fact|
|a location / place|
|time / day / year / month|
|method / quality|
Questions using question words follow two basic patterns:
Question Word + Verb + Subject
QW + V + S
Who is he?
Question Word + Verb + Subject + Verb
QW + V + S + V
Where do they live?
Who am I?
You're a teacher.
Where are you?
I'm in the classroom.
What does he have?
He has some strawberries.
Where is she?
She's at the beach.
Why is the cat drinking water?
When do we have class?
We have class in the morning.
You + I = We
How are they drinking their milkshake?
They're drinking it with a straw.
What do they have?
They have popsicles.
1. ____________ are you? (location / place)
2. ____________ are those people? (people)
3. ____________ is the time? (fact / truth / information)
4. ____________ is he upset? (reason)
5. ____________ is the party? (date / time)
6. ____________ is the weather today? (quality)
7. ____________ coffee is there? (amount)
8. ____________ oranges are on the table? (amount)
Fill in the gaps with the correct form of the verb to be - am, is, are.
Put words in the correct order to make sentences with the verb to be.
Verb to be with WH-questions
Put â€˜What, Who, When, Where, Why, Howâ€™ in the blank.
1. is that? It is a pencil.
2. are those girls? They are my granddaughters.
3. is your birthday? It is on March 15.
4. are you here? Because I want to see you.
5. am I? You are in Montreal.
6. is on the table? My bag.
7. is your English teacher? Mr. Andrew.
8. is your telephone number? Itâ€™s 022224556.
9. are you? Iâ€™m fine.
10. is the coffee? It is very sweet.
11. are his parents? They are in China.
12. are you? I am a mechanic.
13. is Johnâ€™s birthday? It is on December 12.
14. old is she? She is twelve years old.
15. is your father sick? Because he works very hard.
16. are these? They are candies.
17. is Christmas Day? On December 25.
18. are my notebooks? They are on the bookshelf.
19. is that tall man? He is my brother.
20. are the children sad? They donâ€™t go to the zoo.
Make the questions with â€˜What, Who, When, Where, Why, Howâ€™.
A: That woman is my mother.
A: This film is interesting.
A: My hat is on the table.
A: I am in America now.
A: John is here because he wants to talk with you.
A: Those are sheep.
A: My birthday is on August 22.
A: His telephone number is 022326745.
A: My grandfather is in hospital because he is sick.
A: Miss Aniston is my doctor.
A: The concert is on Wednesday 12.
A: Bobby and his friends are in the garden.
A: New Year Day is on January 1.
A: Mr. Billy is my English teacher.
A: This cake is delicious.
A: That beautiful woman is Johnâ€™s sister.
A: This is a pineapple.
Fill in the gaps with the correct question word. Choose between where, when, what, who.
1. A: ____________ is Canberra?
B: It's in Australia.
2. A: ____________ are John and Mandy?
B: They are my friends.
3. A: ____________ is your birthday?
B: It's on 23rd May.
4. A: ____________ is the Thames?
B: It's a river.
5. A: ____________ is the concert?
B: On Saturday.
6. A: ____________ is your schoolbag?
B: It's in my room.
7. A: ____________ are London, Washington DC and Paris?
B: They're capital cities.
8. A: ____________ am I?
B: You're my best friend.
9. A: ____________ are you?
B: I'm your new English teacher.
10. A: ____________ is your new school?
B. It's in Maple Road.
11. A: ____________ are your holidays?
B: They are in October.
12. A: ____________ are Monday, Wednesday and Friday?
B: They're days of the week.
13. A: ____________ are the Simpsons?
B: They're cartoon characters.
14. A: ____________ is Christmas Day?
B: It on 25th December.
15. A: ____________ are Sadie and Jack?
B: They're at school.
16. A: ____________ are we today?
B: We're penguins - the mascot of our basketball team.
17. A: ____________ is a Mercedes?
B: It's a car.
18. A: ____________ is your favourite school subject?
19. A: ____________ is your favourite teacher?
B: Miss Potts.
20. A: ____________ is Alabama?
B: It's in America.
Fill in the gaps with the correct question word (when, where, what, who) and the correct form of the verb "to be" (am, is, are).
1. A: ____________ Brad Pitt?
B: An actor.
2. A: ____________ Etna and Milan?
B: In Italy.
3. A: ____________ a helmet?
B: A type of a hard hat.
4. A: ____________ New Year's Day?
B: 1st January.
5. A: ____________ Ljubljana?
B: In Slovenia.
6. A: ____________ Berlin?
B: Capital city of Germany.
7. A: ____________ your friends coming?
B: In June.
8. A: ____________ Pavarotti and Domingo?
B: Opera singers.
9. A: ____________ Titicaca and Windermere?
10. A: ____________ the Great Lakes?
B: Between Canada and America.
Complete the rules.
Use ____________ to ask about a person.
Use ____________ to ask about an object.
Use ____________ to ask about a place.
Use ____________ to ask about time.
|Simple Present Vs Present Continuous - Intro + exercises|
|GuÃa de autoayuda para la mejora del malestar docente|
|Generador de cuadernillos de caligrafÃa + ejercicios inicial|
|Â¿Sabes que es la esquizofrenia Infantil ? - Enterate acÃ¡|
|Object Pronouns - Introduction and exercises|
|Reading comprehension activity - Who is Kevin Connoly ?|
|Laberintos de operaciones para completar e imprimir|
|TYPE 1 CONDITIONAL - Form + tons of excercises|
|Have got or has got ? â€“ Reference & exercises|
|Class Survey - letÂ´s get to know our classmates|
|Simple Present - Do / Does - Short answer exercises|
|Inteligencias mÃºltiples -definicion simple|
|50 ways to avoid using the word "Very"|
|Reading comprehension, Present Simple, adolescents|
|Idioms exercises and quizzes - Different levels|
|Report card comments - English|
|Verb to be - the Present Simple Tense - Exercises|
|Bilingual dictionary - First steps activity + Games|
|50 ways to avoid using the word "Very"|
|Listening activity - Steven Universe - The Crystal Gems|
|Games & activities to practice - Level adaptable|
|Convivencia- Los clavos y los amigos|
|6 Maravillosas Actividades para el Primer DÃa de Clases|
|There is / are + negative - 32 Multiple choice sentences|
|Agenda Escolar 2017-2018 MX|
|Frases para informes de evaluaciÃ³n y boletines.|
|Carteles imprimibles ABC - con dibujos|
|Cadena Alimentaria - teorÃa + guÃa practica|
|MÃ©todo del refuerzo positivo diario - Increibles resultados|
|Spelling the days of the week - 5 day routine practice|
|Test de concentraciÃ³n y rapidez - 97% de los alumnos falla|
|Family tree and relationships - Reference & exercises|
|Â¿QuÃ© es un Mapa Mental? CÃ³mo Hacerlos y Ejemplos|
|Fundas decorativas para lÃ¡pices. Imprimibles de Disney|
|Cursos gratuitos completos - Word, Excel, Power point y mÃ¡s|